Monday, March 7, 2011

Update...

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post a quick update. About and hour and a half after I posted last night (the extremely long post), I developed and optical migraine :/ 

I haven't had one since being on the Ortho Evra patch in November. This is definitely cause for concern for me because birth control is already associated with stroke and the migraines make my chances even higher. Not cool. 

I was really confused when this migraine developed because I assumed that because Implanon does not contain estrogen, I would not ever get an optical migraine again.
So I did a little bit of research and discovered (according to Google results) that estrogen does not cause the migraines, but makes them worse. This means that I could have gotten a migraine any time, whether I was on bc or not. Estrogen just makes me more prone to them. 



 I still find it pretty fishy that I got one so quickly after having Implanon inserted. My guess is that the rush of hormones is very strong in my body right now, which triggered the migraine. Am I right? Who knows! I'm no doctor lol

So I'm not going to jump the gun and have it taken out immediately or anything. Lee and I are praying that this migraine was just a fluke.

On a slighty less scary note, I took my bandage off. I thought you all might want to see what it looks like...


The small red dot is where they inserted the implant (duh). I'm not sure what the dark line above it is...perhaps the local anesthetic shots? The other markings are from my Charlie Brown band-aid. Apparently I have somewhat sensitive skin because the band-aid was hurting me more than the insertion point and bruise! Oh the irony...


Thanks for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment